Skip to main content

Missing disc space on Ubuntu Hardy

I have a Dell Mini 10 running Ubuntu Hardy.



I ran out of disk space; looking at Disk
Analyzer I noticed that in addition to the standard /dev/sda2 filesystem, there was a
second called gfvs-fuse-daemon, each with 50% [5.9G] of my available disc space [11.8G].
Reading around a bit, it seems that gvfs has decided a network drive is in fact a root
partition




href="https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/simplebackup/+bug/227753" rel="nofollow
noreferrer">https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/simplebackup/+bug/227753



I
unmounted gvfs-fuse-daemon, which removed it from the partition list but unfortunately
didn't free up the 5.9G - I think it's somehow 'hidden' and would like it back as I am
chronically short of space.



I'm certain this is
related to plugging in a badly- formatted USB drive a couple of weeks ago. Reading the
following



href="https://serverfault.com/questions/132998/no-free-disk-space">No free disk
space



href="https://serverfault.com/questions/122894/out-of-disk-space-on-4gb-partiton-yet-its-only-using-2gb">Out
of disk space on 4GB partiton yet it's only using
2GB




it sounds like there
may be a hidden file somewhere which needs
deleting



I have run 'tune2fs -m 1 /var/sda2' to
maximise what little space I have



Any assistance
in cleaning up this mess would be gratefully received.



Thank
you.



/>


jhw@jhw:~$ fdisk -l /dev/sda />Cannot open /dev/sda
jhw@jhw:~$ fdisk -l /dev/sda2
Cannot
open /dev/sda2



/>

jhw@jhw:~$ df
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used
Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda2 6123552 5517260 543080 92% / />varrun 512456 100 512356 1% /var/run
varlock 512456 0 512456 0%
/var/lock
udev 512456 44 512412 1% /dev
devshm 512456 12 512444 1%
/dev/shm
lrm 512456 1652 510804 1% /lib/modules/2.6.24-27

lpia/volatile



/>


jhw@jhw:~$ lsof +L1
COMMAND
PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE NLINK NODE NAME
firefox 5438 jhw 37u REG 8,2
1544 0 97221 /var/tmp/etilqs_WxQgt6n5lgV3QoI (deleted)
firefox 5438 jhw 38u
REG 8,2 1024 0 98379 /var/tmp/etilqs_fkODKeKm4ZOazIo (deleted)
firefox 5438
jhw 55u REG 8,2 0 0 98402 /var/tmp/etilqs_GUbgrLdlbap3xK7 (deleted) />jhw@jhw:~$

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

iLO 3 Firmware Update (HP Proliant DL380 G7)

The iLO web interface allows me to upload a .bin file ( Obtain the firmware image (.bin) file from the Online ROM Flash Component for HP Integrated Lights-Out. ) The iLO web interface redirects me to a page in the HP support website ( http://www.hp.com/go/iLO ) where I am supposed to find this .bin firmware, but no luck for me. The support website is a mess and very slow, badly categorized and generally unusable. Where can I find this .bin file? The only related link I am able to find asks me about my server operating system (what does this have to do with the iLO?!) and lets me download an .iso with no .bin file And also a related question: what is the latest iLO 3 version? (for Proliant DL380 G7, not sure if the iLO is tied to the server model)

linux - How can I get my mediawiki to stop thinking I have cookies disabled?

I've searched half a day for how to resolve this issue, and can't figure it out. Shortly after I made my wiki a simple private wiki according to the instructions at Mediawiki's website, it started giving me this weird login error message: Wiki uses cookies to log in users. You have cookies disabled. Please enable them and try again. If I remove those private wiki settings, the error disappears, even if I try logging in. But I need it to be a private wiki for only my team. So what do I do? Here's what I've done so far. Just to be safe, after ever change, I try rebooting Apache using: sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart In my php.ini file, I have the following set: session.save_path = "/var/lib/php5" session.cookie_secure = secure session.cookie_path = /tmp session.cookie_domain = my server's internal URL (should I even set this? this field was blank before, but not commented out) session.referer_check = Off I ran the following to ensure that the fold...

linux - Awstats - outputting stats for merged Access_logs only producing stats for one server's log

I've been attempting this for two weeks and I've accessed countless number of sites on this issue and it seems there is something I'm not getting here and I'm at a lost. I manged to figure out how to merge logs from two servers together. (Taking care to only merge the matching domains together) The logs from the first server span from 15 Dec 2012 to 8 April 2014 The logs from the second server span from 2 Mar 2014 to 9 April 2014 I was able to successfully merge them using the logresolvemerge.pl script simply enermerating each log and > out_putting_it_to_file Looking at the two logs from each server the format seems exactly the same. The problem I'm having is producing the stats page for the logs. The command I've boiled it down to is /usr/share/awstats/tools/awstats_buildstaticpages.pl -configdir=/home/User/Documents/conf/ -config=example.com awstatsprog=/usr/share/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-bin/awstats.pl dir=/home/User/Documents/parced -month=all -year=all...