Skip to main content

amazon web services - DNS Glue Records - Route 53 Domain/Godaddy Reject

We have a domain muzzard.com that is DNS hosted with AWS Route 53



AWS has give us the following nameservers



ns-1996.awsdns-57.co.uk,ns-1368.awsdns-43.org,ns-777.awsdns-33.net,ns-436.awsdns-54.com



These have been added to muzzard.com as its namesevers at MyDomain.com which is the ultimate registrar for muzzard.com




enter image description here



I can see them in the DNS:



> set querytype=all
> muzzard.com
Server: ns-1996.awsdns-57.co.uk
Address: 205.251.199.204

muzzard.com internet address = 54.194.110.136

muzzard.com nameserver = ns-1368.awsdns-43.org
muzzard.com nameserver = ns-1996.awsdns-57.co.uk
muzzard.com nameserver = ns-436.awsdns-54.com
muzzard.com nameserver = ns-777.awsdns-33.net
muzzard.com
primary name server = ns-1996.awsdns-57.co.uk
responsible mail addr = awsdns-hostmaster.amazon.com
serial = 1
refresh = 7200 (2 hours)
retry = 900 (15 mins)

expire = 1209600 (14 days)
default TTL = 86400 (1 day)
muzzard.com MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = mail.muzzard.com
mail.muzzard.com internet address = 159.8.131.164


In there I have added 2 A records into the route 53 control panel:



ns-primary.muzzard.com
&

ns-secondary.muzzard.com



enter image description here



These have Windows2012 DNS software loaded and will respond to requests.



We want to use muzzard.com as DNS Nameserver for another domain teachers-direct.co.uk, this is hosted at Godaddy.



I am trying to add ns-primary.muzzard.com & ns-secondary.muzzard.com at Godaddy control panel but is rejecting saying "You must enter a registered nameserver."




There are existing records for ns-americas,ns-emea and ns-apac.muzzard.com (that no longer exist)



enter image description here



When I add the new nameserver it fails with this error message:



enter image description here



And yet the nameservers are in the DNS if I ping them.




C:\Users\Karl>ping ns-primary.muzzard.com



Pinging ns-primary.muzzard.com [159.8.131.164] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 159.8.131.164: bytes=32 time=56ms TTL=115


Here is a screen capture of the DNS setting on ns-primary.muzzard.com



enter image description here




And ns-primary responds correctly using nslookup with the correct IP for the given hostname.



C:\Users\Karl>nslookup
Default Server: google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address: 8.8.8.8

> lserver ns-primary.muzzard.com
Default Server: ns-primary.muzzard.com
Address: 159.8.131.164


> www.teachers-direct.co.uk
Server: ns-primary.muzzard.com
Address: 159.8.131.164

Name: www.teachers-direct.co.uk
Address: 176.34.226.81


I believe this is due to missing "glue" records at muzzard.com




Where would I add these ns records?



Update 5 October 2016



I had to change the nameservers for this domain 'teachers-direct' to a set that worked as it is a live site with a lot of traffic.



Currently has mentioned in comment I have another domain in the same situation that I have not moved to working DNS servers.



This was the response from the tech team for that domain - 'carib.com'





"Our upper level domains team has further investigated and they have
find out that the name servers ns-primary.muzzard.com and
ns-secondary.muzzard.com do not exist at the registry. They have told
me that the owner of the domain muzzard.com will need to add host
entries for these. I think that you can pass this information to the
support of muzzard.com registrar. Please let me know if more details
are required and I will try to obtain more technical details. If
there’s anything else at all I can do for you, please let me know and
I’ll be very happy to help. Best wishes "



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

linux - iDRAC6 Virtual Media native library cannot be loaded

When attempting to mount Virtual Media on a iDRAC6 IP KVM session I get the following error: I'm using Ubuntu 9.04 and: $ javaws -version Java(TM) Web Start 1.6.0_16 $ uname -a Linux aud22419-linux 2.6.28-15-generic #51-Ubuntu SMP Mon Aug 31 13:39:06 UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux $ firefox -version Mozilla Firefox 3.0.14, Copyright (c) 1998 - 2009 mozilla.org On Windows + IE it (unsurprisingly) works. I've just gotten off the phone with the Dell tech support and I was told it is known to work on Linux + Firefox, albeit Ubuntu is not supported (by Dell, that is). Has anyone out there managed to mount virtual media in the same scenario?

apt - debian wheezy, heartbleed, openssl refuses to update

I am having a strange problem, my system is exposed to heartbleed, and I am trying to fix it by using: apt-get clean , apt-get update and apt-get upgrade openssl but the response is: Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Calculating upgrade... Done openssl is already the newest version. The following packages have been kept back: libncurses5 libncursesw5 libssl-dev 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded. my openssl version is: openssl version -a OpenSSL 1.0.1f-dev xx XXX xxxx built on: Mon Dec 23 14:23:57 UTC 2013 platform: debian-amd64 options: bn(64,64) rc4(8x,int) des(idx,cisc,16,int) blowfish(idx) compiler: gcc -fPIC -DOPENSSL_PIC -DOPENSSL_THREADS -D_REENTRANT -DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -m64 -DL_ENDIAN -DTERMIO -g -O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wl,-z,relro -Wa,--noexecstack -Wall -DMD32_REG_T=int -DOPENSSL_IA32_SSE2 -DOPENSSL_BN_A

hp proliant - Smart Array P822 with HBA Mode?

We get an HP DL360 G8 with an Smart Array P822 controller. On that controller will come a HP StorageWorks D2700 . Does anybody know, that it is possible to run the Smart Array P822 in HBA mode? I found only information about the P410i, who can run HBA. If this is not supported, what you think about the LSI 9207-8e controller? Will this fit good in that setup? The Hardware we get is used but all original from HP. The StorageWorks has 25 x 900 GB SAS 10K disks. Because the disks are not new I would like to use only 22 for raid6, and the rest for spare (I need to see if the disk count is optimal or not for zfs). It would be nice if I'm not stick to SAS in future. As OS I would like to install debian stretch with zfs 0.71 as file system and software raid. I have see that hp has an page for debian to. I would like to use hba mode because it is recommend, that zfs know at most as possible about the disk, and I'm independent from the raid controller. For us zfs have many benefits,