Skip to main content

eAccelerator Causes PHP Include to Fail in Wordpress

SERVER: Linux CENTOS 6
PLESK 10.4.4



I have been installing Wordpress on many subdomains on our dedicated server. All of them run CRON jobs every 10 minutes.




Long story short, the time to load first byte was getting to over 10 seconds.



I did some research and found that eAccelerator helps with speed issues for PHP-intensive websites and another website that gives some instruction on how to do this.



http://imanpage.com/code/how-install-yum-zend-optimizer-eaccelerator-and-apc



After installing the Atomic repo and doing a YUM update I installed eAccelerator like this:



yum install php-eaccelerator.x86_64



I checked the PHP version after the install and found this:



PHP 5.3.14 (cli) (built: Jun 14 2012 16:34:56)
Copyright (c) 1997-2012 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2012 Zend Technologies
with eAccelerator v0.9.6-svn358-dev, Copyright (c) 2004-2007 eAccelerator, by eAccelerator
with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.0.10, Copyright (c) 2002-2011, by ionCube Ltd.



So I was like...YAY, that was easy.



THEN I started noticing ALL the PROBLEMS.



First, a few of my MYSQL tables crashed and had to be repaired. The only way to get the REPAIR to work in PHPMyAdmin was to first login through SCP and change the owner of the actual database files to MYSQL, from it being blank. After this the repair worked and the tables are fine.



Next, A job I am running which connects to an external MYSQL server suddenly stopped working with a pasword authentication error. I changed the connect string from DBHOST to the actual IP:port and now the CRON reports:



PHP Warning:  mysql_connect(): Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111 in /usr/local/bin/video-queue.php on line 230



FINALLY, and the reason why I did this in the first place was that all my Wordpress installs after working FINE for a long time suddenly stopped being able to call a CLASS that I know gets included (because it worked fine before). So now I get this:



Fatal error: Class 'PPT_Widgets_ARTICLES2' not found in /var/www/vhosts/md1network.com/albany/wp-includes/widgets.php on line 324


That particular class is located in another directory, but it is there. Another piece of information is that the file that contains the CLASS were placed there by EXTRACTing a zipped file (via Plesk) by using PHP unzip. This unfortunately screwed up the owner and permissions, but the sites were ok.



I noticed that the YUM update rewrote my PHP.ini file so I thought it screwed up the include path. I still don't know if that is the case.




I have tried altering the owner and permissions on the file where the CLASS is and the widgets.php file also. None of these worked and it still thinks the CLASS doesn't exist. As a matter of fact, any time you include wp-config.php (which DEFINEs the MYSQL db, user, and password, it throws the same error about that stupid class (which I wrote and was working fine so it can't be all that stupid).



Before this the only mods to the server were the installation of FFMPEG and PHP TIDY.



ALSO...ANOTHER STRANGE THING is that all the CRON jobs are running FLAWLESSLY and they use the same INCLUDE of wp-config.php.



It's like the problem is isolated when PHP tries to run from the browser (eAccelerator?)



I have another Wordpress site that is running fine on the same server after I repaired a few of its tables. The sites that are having a problem do not have any corrupt tables.




I hope thats enough information.



PLEASE HELP.
Rick

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

linux - iDRAC6 Virtual Media native library cannot be loaded

When attempting to mount Virtual Media on a iDRAC6 IP KVM session I get the following error: I'm using Ubuntu 9.04 and: $ javaws -version Java(TM) Web Start 1.6.0_16 $ uname -a Linux aud22419-linux 2.6.28-15-generic #51-Ubuntu SMP Mon Aug 31 13:39:06 UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux $ firefox -version Mozilla Firefox 3.0.14, Copyright (c) 1998 - 2009 mozilla.org On Windows + IE it (unsurprisingly) works. I've just gotten off the phone with the Dell tech support and I was told it is known to work on Linux + Firefox, albeit Ubuntu is not supported (by Dell, that is). Has anyone out there managed to mount virtual media in the same scenario?

hp proliant - Smart Array P822 with HBA Mode?

We get an HP DL360 G8 with an Smart Array P822 controller. On that controller will come a HP StorageWorks D2700 . Does anybody know, that it is possible to run the Smart Array P822 in HBA mode? I found only information about the P410i, who can run HBA. If this is not supported, what you think about the LSI 9207-8e controller? Will this fit good in that setup? The Hardware we get is used but all original from HP. The StorageWorks has 25 x 900 GB SAS 10K disks. Because the disks are not new I would like to use only 22 for raid6, and the rest for spare (I need to see if the disk count is optimal or not for zfs). It would be nice if I'm not stick to SAS in future. As OS I would like to install debian stretch with zfs 0.71 as file system and software raid. I have see that hp has an page for debian to. I would like to use hba mode because it is recommend, that zfs know at most as possible about the disk, and I'm independent from the raid controller. For us zfs have many benefits,

apache 2.2 - Server Potentially Compromised -- c99madshell

So, low and behold, a legacy site we've been hosting for a client had a version of FCKEditor that allowed someone to upload the dreaded c99madshell exploit onto our web host. I'm not a big security buff -- frankly I'm just a dev currently responsible for S/A duties due to a loss of personnel. Accordingly, I'd love any help you server-faulters could provide in assessing the damage from the exploit. To give you a bit of information: The file was uploaded into a directory within the webroot, "/_img/fck_uploads/File/". The Apache user and group are restricted such that they can't log in and don't have permissions outside of the directory from which we serve sites. All the files had 770 permissions (user rwx, group rwx, other none) -- something I wanted to fix but was told to hold off on as it wasn't "high priority" (hopefully this changes that). So it seems the hackers could've easily executed the script. Now I wasn't able